Thursday, May 29, 2008

Guy Forces His Wife To Dress In A Garbage Bag For The Next Three Years .com

May 29, 2008... For all you "How I Met Your Mother" viewers out there:

Remember when Lily and Marshall were selling their stuff in the episode, "Everything Has to Go"? Well, to be honest I hadn't been able to stay on track with the episodes since my computer had crashed (and I prefer watching them online). When I did catch up, I noticed Lily and Marshall mentioning two websites:

http://www.lilyandmarshallselltheirstuff.com/

http://guyforceshiswifetodressinagarbagebagforthenextthreeyears.com/

Well, the first one is real, no doubt about it. It was made for charity, and they were auctioning off show props such as one of Barney's suits, clothes, etc. Unfortunately by the time I had watched the episode, all the items were gone.

As for the second one, it is, in fact, real as well. As soon as Lily hit "enter" on Marshall's laptop and she exclaimed that is was real and showed a guy with his wife wearing a plastic bag, I just couldn't stop myself. I checked it out, and low and behold there was the plastic bag couple. You can obviously tell that the so-called "couple" are actually on the show's staff, because in the next episode titled "Miracles", Ted mentions a taxicab that looked really suspicious. You briefly see it, and it looks to be a 1972 Chevrolet Bel Air coupe. The website is a slideshow of the couple, and in one of the pictures (after the song ends; yes, there's a song), you can see them standing next to the same exact car. They're always dressed in the same clothes too. Speaking of the song, it's really creepy, but catchy! Also in some of the other pictures you can see them walking by Ted's apartment/MacLaren's Bar (you can tell it's a set since there is nobody else visible in any of the pictures except for the couple.

I really love how the writers on HIMYM throw in websites on the show and then actually take the time to make them. It's really creative (i.e. http://www.tedmosbyisajerk.com/) and really shows a lot of dedication. Thanks guys.

No comments: